Moving can be complicated and it makes things even harder to move during a global pandemic. You want to keep yourself and your loved ones safe when moving during COVID-19 times.
If you are planning to move during the COVID-19 outbreak and are seeking professional help, consider the following tips to hire the right company for a safe move.
Hunt for a Nearby Mover Online
Avoiding in-person contact is important to prevent catching COVID-19 and limit its spread. So, it is best practice to look for a moving company online instead of visiting offices to find one.
Simply go to the Google search bar and type “best moving companies near me” or “top movers in XYZ city” and you’ll come across many options.
Pick top 3-4 movers- based on their online reviews from old customers and website engagement. Most positive reviews and an active website show that the mover is an expert in the field.
It is important to ensure that the moving company you hire has its protocols updated for the coronavirus outbreak.
Look for the mover’s COVID-19 policies on their website. Otherwise, contact them via the provided phone number or email address to get all questions answers, such as:
- • How often do you monitor the health of your crew?
- • What kind of supplies, including face masks, hand sanitizers, and hand gloves, does your moving crew uses daily?
- • What other precautions are your movers taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- • How do you ensure the safety of your drivers and crew?
Get a Quote Online
Getting an online quote is also an important step to limit the coronavirus spread. Here are a few things you want to ensure if you choose a virtual survey:
- • Clearly communicate your moving need to get an accurate quote.
- • Make sure all the rooms have proper light when showing them to your estimator online.
- • Open all closets and cabinets for items inside that you need to move.
Be Clear on the Policies of Your Moving Company
You can expect many uncertainties during the COVID-19 outbreak that may lead to delay or cancellation. So, ensure your mover offers maximum flexibility by asking:
- • How flexible they are when it comes to changing your moving schedule or dates?
- • What kind of deposit does the mover require?
- • Will you get a refund if you want to cancel your move? Is it a full or partial refund?
Protecting Yourself when Moving
- • Make sure everyone involved in the moving process wears face masks.
- • Maintain a six-foot distance through your move to practice social distancing.
- • Make sure to use no-contact methods of greeting, such as a smile. Avoid handshake.
- • Make sure to wash and sanitize hands during and after the moving process.
- • Don’t use recycled boxes from other sources. Use boxes you already have or purchase new.
- • Try finishing your packing at least 24 hours before moving to ensure there are no living viruses on the boxes when moving.
- • Thoroughly disinfect all surfaces, items, and boxes before and after the move.
As you are planning a safe move while ensuring safety measures, check out our guide on moving into your first home to help stay focused and organized during the challenging times. For more queries or to get a quote for your upcoming move, contact us right now.